McElroy Metal to Install 500 kW Solar Array on Their Peachtree, GA, Facility with Inovateus Solar LLC
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Inovateus Solar LLC, a worldwide installer of commercial and industrial solar power systems, has embarked on a rooftop solar array project that will be installed on McElroy Metal’s Peachtree City, Georgia manufacturing location as part of the Medium Scale Georgia Power Advanced Solar Initiative Program.
Construction on the project begins the week of September 29, 2013. The 500 kW array is scheduled to be commissioned before Christmas of this year. A live construction camera of the project will be available at the Inovateus Solar website to view the progress.
This 500 kW project will be installed on the roof and on a canopy in McElroy’s parking lot. “It is the largest solar installation for a metal roofing manufacturer,” stated Inovateus Solar Project Manager, Peter Rienks. “McElroy is really stepping up to the plate to incorporate renewables into their product offering.”
McElroy has 12 manufacturing facilities across the U.S. Through its partnership with Inovateus Solar, McElroy now manufactures ready to install solar panels fully integrated into steel panel systems and offers solar kits with their metal roofs.
McElroy Metal President, Ian McElroy said, “We are very excited to be installing a half megawatt photovoltaic system on our Peachtree City facility. The existing metal roof is over 34 years old and consists of galvanized R panel. We will be retrofitting with our 238T symmetrical standing seam system, which provides an excellent metal over metal reroof solution. And, since we were installing a new roof, we decided to explore adding solar to the plans. With the help of our solar partner, Inovateus Solar, we were able to put together a plan that made financial sense.”
“We are excited about starting this project under the Georgia Power Advanced Solar Initiative Program,” said Inovateus Solar President T.J. Kanczuzewski. “This is another example of how public utilities and private companies can work together to introduce more renewable energy alternatives into the power generation mix.”
Since 1963, McElroy Metal, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of metal roofing, metal siding, and sub-structural components. McElroy's product line includes a wide variety of architectural standing seam roofing systems as well as many industrial and commercial wall and roof panels.
Find McElroy Metal at the MetalCon International Show in the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, GA, October 1 – 3, Booth #827
- Inovateus Solar Promotes Industry Veteran Joseph R. Jancauskas, PE, to VP of Operations
- Inovateus Solar’s ‘The Good News About Solar: Five Facts You Should Know’ is Now Available Online
- 2012 Solar Power International Conference, Sept. 10-13 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
- Inovateus Solar Sponsors FlaSEIA Solar Power Open in Orlando, Fla. Sept. 10
- Inovateus Solar Completes 1.29 MW Rooftop Solar Project for New Jersey Based Kari-Out Company
- Solar Energy Company Strengthens Notre Dame Collaboration
- Inovateus Solar and GE Energy Industrial Solutions Announce OEM Partnership Agreement to Build Scalable Solar Carport Charging Stations
- Inovateus Solar Features New GE Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Carport on YouTube
- University of Notre Dame Works with Inovateus Solar to Accept the Donation of Two Solar Technologies Atop its College of Engineering
- Inovateus Solar and Sterman Masser Potato Farms Partner on One Megawatt, 3.5 Acre Ground Mount System
Join our mailing list and receive up-to-date Solar Briefs
Join our Distribution list and receive up-to-date solar product information and sales promotions.
Ask a Solar Nerd
If you have questions about what we do, what services we offer, or other Solar-related issues, or just want to ask us how our day is going, we want to hear from you. Our representatives are waiting patiently (while browsing their Facebook pages) to assist you in any way they can.